Cyber Jagrookta(Awareness) Diwas
Cyber Jaagrookta Quote for the Day : "Use separate email for social media so that main email account is protected from any spam and phishing."
Cyber Security Awareness Month : October 2022- Theme is "See Yourself in Cyber"
- Enable Multi-Factor Authentication.Always secure all your accounts with two-factor authentication, especially while doing any online financial transaction.
- Use Strong Passwords.A Strong password should always include upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and at least one special character.
- Recognise and Report Phishing/Smishing/Vishing. Phishing is a type of fraud that involves stealing personal information such as Customer ID, IPIN, Credit/Debit Card number, Card expiry date, CVV number, etc. through emails that appear to be from a legitimate source. Smishing is a type of fraud that uses mobile phone text messages to lure victims into calling back on a fraudulent phone number, visiting fraudulent websites or downloading malicious content via phone or web. Vishing is an attempt where fraudsters try to seek personal information like Customer ID, Net Banking password, ATM PIN, OTP, Card expiry date, CVV etc. through a phone call.
- Do not fall into any financial fraud trap.Never disclose net banking password, One Time Password (OTP), ATM or phone banking PIN, CVV number etc.Avoid using public wifi for conducting financial transactions.
- Update your Software. Update your Software periodically.Install antivirus software, firewalls, and email filters and keep them updated.
- Be cyber security aware on Social Media.Select the right privacy settings on social media platforms and make sure that you are sharing your information, photos and videos with your trusted ones only.
Activities under Cyber Jagrookta Diwas
- 07-09-2022, Online awareness program on social network security. The first Wednesday of September i.e. 7th September 2022, was observed as cyber jaagrookta(Awareness) Diwas. On this day an interactive webinar was organized by SECL on “Social Network Security ”, to discuss the risks and issues involved in social networking sites along with the demonstration of best practices and cyber hygiene to be developed by end users of these social networking sites, to prevent them from being a victim of cybercrime . A significant number of participants were observed. Inter-alia, individuals from HQ, Areas, Other Subsidiaries, and family and friends of employees participated enthusiastically with various degrees of inquisitiveness about security in Social networking cyberspace. The session went on for 1 hour. Click here for material
- 07-10-2022, Online interactive session on case studies and real-life experience on cybercrime and prevention. On 7th October 2022, 2nd session of Cyber Jagrootka Diwas was organized By SECL system Department. Various aspects of cybercrime & its prevention were discussed in interactive webinar session. Session topics were based on real life incident of cybercrime ex. UPI Fraud, Ransomware, Unauthorized remote access. Awareness regarding individual & organizational security also discussed in session. A significant number of participants were observed and enthusiastically participated in interactive session. Click here for material
- 02-11-2022, Online awareness program on electronic payment security. On 2nd November 2022, 3rd session of Cyber Jagrootka Diwas was organized By SECL system Department.Various aspects of electronic payment security i.e. types of frauds and their prevention were discussed in interactive webinar session.The topics were based on real life incidents of cybercrime eg. Phishing, Vishing, Juice Jacking, Skimming, UPI Frauds, unauthorized remote accesses.Awareness was imparted to users on how they can protect themselves from frauds while fully utilising the benefits of electronic payments.Click here for material
- 07-12-2022, Online awareness program on cyber hygiene.
- 04-01-2023, Online Ethical hacking creative season.
- 01-02-2023, Online awareness program on Cyber Crimes and Safety.
- 01-03-2023, Online essay and poster making competition.